Thursday, January 13, 2011

Word of the Day Friday: Reprobate



I like this word. I wish that I had been more familiar with it a few years ago. I was in fact dating a reprobate at the time and would have loved to have another big word (that he didn't understand) in my arsenal!

According to Dictionary.com -

rep·ro·bate 
noun
1. a depraved, unprincipled, or wicked person: a drunken reprobate.
2. a person rejected by God and beyond hope of salvation.
adjective
3. morally depraved; unprincipled; bad.
4. rejected by God and beyond hope of salvation.
verb (used with object)
5. to disapprove, condemn, or censure.
6. (of God) to reject (a person), as for sin; exclude from the number of the elect or from salvation.


Use in a sentence? But of course...

"Yes, I know Richard Gross. He is a disgusting reprobate that I certainly wish I had never met."

1 comment: