Monday, January 30, 2012

Maybe not...

Ok. January's category didn't work out quite the way I had planned. I started reading Alison Wonderland as I had planned, but I just couldn't get into it. I decided to hold of on reading in for now and dive into something else. And what would that be?


The Uninvited: The True Story of the Union Screaming House
by Steven LaChance


This is an apparently true story of Steven LaChance's experiences in a house in Union, Missouri. This fit the bill for the already chosen category of the month since I spent at least 4 summers working at a Camp MO-Val in Union. In all that time, I never actually heard of this house, which according to the book is no surprise since "it just isn't talked about". It was an interesting story and not as scary/creepy as I thought it would be, though I was a little disappointed that it didn't go into more detail. Here are some pictures from the house. http://www.stevenalachance.com/House.html

Hmm...

For February, I've decided to read a biography. Well. I guess technically it's an autobiography, but the author even states that even for him it was almost more of a biography, as it was written about the person he "used to be". Works for me. So for February I'm reading Born Standing Up by Steve Martin. This is something I've wanted to read for a long time, and I'm finally getting to it!

No comments: