Sunday, September 25, 2011

Yes, yes...it's me again...finally...

Okay. So clearly I'm not cut out for blogging :) I'm afraid this isn't going to be the beginning of any manic blogging trend, I really just want to get some things straight for myself and figured this would be the best venue. A little while ago I read Stephanie's blog post over at The Conscientious Reader and realized that I haven't been keeping up with the reading challenges I picked up on the side at all. Back in February I decided that I was going to try to participate in an Ireland Reading Challenge and a British Books Challenge. I've been so focused on trying to reach my main goal of 50 for the year that I've kind of let these go by the way-side. Or have I?


Here's what it looks like I've got so far:



Ireland Reading Challenge:

Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning (set in Dublin, Ireland)
The Brightest Star in the Sky - Marian Keyes (set in Ireland, Irish author)
Irish Girls About Town: An Anthology of Short Stories - a compilation of short stories by female Irish authors, all taking place in Ireland
Now and Then - Jacqueline Sheehan (mainly takes place in Ireland in 1844)


This puts me solidly in one level of the challenge - the Luck O' the Irish. I'm satisfied with this. I definitely have more books on my shelf that would qualify for this challenge, but at this point I just want to make sure I hit my 50.

British Book Challenge:


Alice I Have Been - Melanie Benjamin (set in Oxford, England)
The Tower, the Zoo and the Tortoise - Julia Stuart (set in London, England, British author)
The Crimson Petal and the White - Michel Faber (set in London, England)
Gone With the Windsors - Laurie Graham (mostly set in London, British author)
Little Bee - Chris Cleave (set mostly in London, England, British author)

This particular challenge only has two challenge levels, and I originally planned on aiming for the lower one, called "Winston Churchill". To achieve this level, I need to read 6 books that pertain. Looks like I've made it to five without even trying, so I should be good making it the 6.

Phew!! Now to just finish my 50 and then think about what to do next year....

No comments: